Thursday, January 31, 2008

Store Closing Everything MUST GO!!!


I hate to repeat myself but... sometimes there are titles that just seem to be too good to let go of. Dell will close it's Edmonton Call centre in the next 6 months with the loss of 900+ jobs. Dell, it appears, has run up against 2 problems, neither of which it had any real control over. One is the tight labour market in Alberta which has made it difficult to hire and retain employees. The other is the launch of Windows Vista or XP Millennium Edition which has made it difficult to sell PC's. Though to be fair to Vista the fact that computers bought 5 years ago still do 90% of the things a computer bought today do has made a new computer a tough sell. I know my next PC will be a Mac for ease of use and cuteness, besides if I want to play lots of games I'll just fork over 300$ and buy an XBox. But I guess that's life you get hired, you work, then the company/industry goes bust and you move on. Basically if I was one of the other Edmonton Call centres I'd back a truck up across the street from Dell and start taking in resumes. Good Luck to All from Dell It's sad to see the place close.

No comments: